Cheltenham Camp September 15th 1916

My Dear People,

Just a line to let you know I am well. I came down here Tuesday it is not a bad camp, but the mosquitos are as big as blow flies. There are a lot of citizen force lads here training they have put up a wireless station here and can send messages to Gawler. The results of the bombing school came down to-day. I got through with 79 points, the top of the school was 92 and seven men failed.The work here is very different I do not know yet how I am likely to get on, you have to get over 50 marks in everything to get a pass. I hope to get that. You have to judge distances up to 1500 yds and must not be over 20 percent out to get a pass. 

I have not got any mail this week yet, but it is no use addressing anything here as I will only be here another week or so, they should send it on here from Mitcham. I ordered a top for the windmill from Metters the other day let me know when it gets up there and I will finish paying for it when I get my pay, it is a little Toff 7.10.0 and there is an automatic gear to be sent with it 30 shillings but it will be very handy for out there. When it comes take it out to A.V. when you get a chance and if I get leave I can go up and set it up. I was glad to hear you had nearly finished fallowing the block you must have knocked along pretty considerable.

I missed the train to go to Mrs. Tothills Sunday. So went up and had dinner at Kellys and then went out and saw Nell Simmons she is going to take me out to Gare's on Sunday. I went to Birkenhead on Saturday. Pat and Mill are getting settled down again poor Pat had a bad time while his wife was away. I went out to Jims on Monday night he is still on the trams. It is quarter warning now so I must close hoping you are all well as I am.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother 

Tom.