G.P.O., October 5th 1916

My Dear People,

I got your letters this morning. I will not be able to get leave on Saturday morning as they are giving us instructions in Field-cooking and I think it will be the only day we have on that. So I will not be able to meet the train on Saturday morning and I suppose Father will want to go straight down and see his wool at Port Adelaide. I will meet him at Grant's Coffee Palace between half past 5 and 6 o'clock Saturday evening. If he can not meet me there I will be at the G.P.O. between half-past ten and 11 o'clock Sunday morning. If he is not coming; down, try and let me know before Saturday morning, you will have to send letter by Friday's train. 

I was very surprised to hear Poor Mrs Richards had died, it will make it very bad for Mr RIchards and the boys. Hoping you are all well as I am. 

I remain

Your loving Son and Brother

Tom.