Killarney, February 9th, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite alright.

I arrived here yesterday. I left London at 8.40 p.m. & at dinner-time next day I was here - about 600 miles by sea & land. The fare cost me £2.7.0 return but soldiers on leave travel at half rate.

I have not had time to look around much yet but, intend to have a few days here sight-seeing. It is not the best time of the year to be here as it is a very wet place in winter. But it is not very cold now though it is raining a little this morning. If it fines up I am going for a drive around the lakes this afternoon.

I am staying at Park Place Hotel tariff 6/6 per day. Kept by a Maurice Collins & it is a very nice place. There are practically no food restrictions in Ireland, in England some things are very scarce.

I am sure I will enjoy my stay here immensely as the people interest & amuse me greatly. The women all wear shawls and the jaunting & donkey carts are all very queer to me.



I will be sending you some little souvenir which I hope you get alright as I know how much you will value them. I wish you were here & could see the beautiful country round here & the real Irish style of the people.

I am enclosing a little Blarney stone for John. I will probably go to Cork on my way back to Dublin & if I do will go to Blarney Castle.

There are a few Australians here & of course plenty of Colleens for those who like them. I am enclosing a P.C. with some views of places which I will probably see before I leave here.

Hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother