France; November 19th, 1918



My Dear People

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well & doing alright.  Since last writing to you I have received three letters one from Nell (Sept 10th) one from Kath (Sept. 2nd) & one from Mum (Sep. 1st). I was very pleased to hear you were all well & I hope the top paddock turns out well so that Will can get his motor-bike. I suppose he is pretty sure to want a side-car as well, I have heard over here that machinery is very dear in Aussie, a chap was telling me that a 20 hoe Sun drill cost nearly £100 now & a six foot harvester about £140, of course I do not know if that is correct or not.



I am enclosing a little calender that was given to me at a little concert that some Aussies gave, with the assistance of some French people, in aid of the Red Cross at a village not far away. We had some very severe frosts the last few days & it was very cold, (our first taste of winter) but it is fairly warm again now. There is some probability of us being sent in to Germany to occupy some of the territory Fritz has to hand over but, that may be cancelled.

Well I will close now, hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom.