France; April 28, 1917

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well.

I have just got a letter from Annie & Nell (Jan 14th) it was sent to the Batt before I joined it & was returned to England. I do not get my Records now as they do not worry very much about papers. I have not received my parcel of woolens yet, but it is getting nice & warm here now.

We had a football match here on Anzac Day between the boys of the Batt & yesterday we had our Batt sports & they were not too bad. To-night we are having a concert. We are doing a little drill now to keep us a bit fresh.



Harry Tralaggan showed me a photo of the M.B.C. Honour List & I saw a list of names in a Record of those who were to be put on the Burra list. We are going to vote here on the Commonwealth elections in a day or two. It seems rather strange to be so comfortable here & a few miles away they say there is a war on. We can hear the guns going all the time, they never stop.

Harry Tralaggan saw Lyell Bell the other day, he is just the same as ever. Well I must close now to catch this mail.

Hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother,

Tom.

 
Click to view