Edinburgh; January 23rd, 1919

King George and Queen Mary Victoria League Clubs
Edinburgh
Ramsay Lodge
The Mound.

 My Dear People

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well.



As you Will see from my address I am in Scotland on 14 day leave. I only stayed one day in London when I was coming through but I will probably have a day or two there as I go back. London is much better now that it is lit up at night. I will very likely go on to Glasgow for a few days. I saw Bert Lilley as I was coming through Charleroi he will be going home very soon & I think Frank & Aleck will be going too.

I received the parcel you sent me on 2/8/13 safely and was very pleased to get it, the tin of pudding went Al coming down through France On the train. I sent a note to Miss Kelly thanking her for the socks that were in parcel. We also received a xmas parcel from the Queensland soldiers fund, thine was from two land girls & had among the things a tin of butter, cocoa & milk, sweets etc. & was very good parcel. The boys in France are very short of smokes, but I am quite independent of that. The French civvies will buy anything in the shape of tobacco at all & pay a big price for it.

It is very foggy here this morning & I am afraid it is not a very good time of the year to be in Scotland, I only arrived here this morning so have not seen anything of the place yet.

Well I will close now hoping you are all well.

I remain Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom.