France; September 15, 1917

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well.

I received a letter from Annie & Mum (July 10th) & was very pleased to hear you were all well & I was pleased to hear Mum had got her little souvenir alright. I am a long way from that Cathedral now, although in our last camp we used to see it every day as we were within 2 miles of it.

The summer ends here on 17th September when the clocks are put back in accordance with the Daylight Saving law. The leaves are beginning to fall & it will soon be getting cold again.

Mat & Mick & the other lads have moved up to the line & I think we will soon be going up too. It is pretty near time we do a bit now as we have had a big spell.


Postcard from France

Harry Tralaggan has gone away to hospital with his shoulder again. It is very weak and comes out easy now. I told you before that I gave him £5.0.0 and that his people would pay it to you over there. I was very glad to be rid of rhe money as it was a regular nuisance to me. I have not received Siss's wedding cake yet. In fact, the only parcel I received was the parcel of flannels you sent me early in teh year. I suppose the others are lost at sea.

Well I must close now as it is nearly mail time. Hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your Loving Son and Brother,

Tom