France; May 6, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a short note to let you know how I am getting along.

Since last writing to you I have received 9 letters - one from Sis, 2 from Uncle Dan & Aunty Ada & a photo, one from Pat Griffen, one from Hilda Taylor, 2 from Annie (Feb 26th, March 6th), one from Mum (Feb 27) & one from Dad (Feb 17th). I was glad to hear you were all doing well & very pleased to know your wheat & wool turned out so well.

We are still on our good job & doing quite well.

(May 8th)

I am still doing quite alright but, we have shifted out of our comfortable house & are in little bivouacs now, still things are very nice & we are all quite happy. We had some rain yesterday but, it is fine & a bit cloudy to-day.

Poor Ada Onley had bad luck losing her husband so soon, how is Mrs. Cahill getting along?

Uncle Dan tells me he had a lovely crop, the family look quite well in the photo they sent me.

By the way the Block must have had a lot of wheat on it if you got 3,400 bags, as I think someone mentioned that you had 700 bags at Ilfradale. I am not quite sure of this. That would leave 2,700 for the Block or a few bags more than I got off it & I suppose they were heavier bags than mine (some crop). I suppose Poor Will was grease & dust all over when he was reaping it. Who is his girl, now? & who does John use his bike after?

Well I must close now as I have to get the rations directly, hoping you are all quite well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom.

I heard Frank Richards was wounded (W. Arnold told me) but I do not think he got to Blighty (England).