Dartford Hospital; March 21st, 1919

No 3 Aust Aux Hospital
Dartford

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well. We have been under isolation in our ward for a few days, one of the chaps got chicken pox & was sent away & we were isolated, but the isolation will be removed in a few days & when it is I expect to be sent out, probably to Weymouth.

I got a letter from Davenport in the Batt this morning & he tells me there are not many of them left in France now, the old 32nd forms D Coy of 30th Batt. I changed the last of my French money the other day as I do not expect to go back to France again. I have got plenty of money my pay-book has a credit balance of over £40- & I have some £12- on me that I did not spend when on leave.

I do not know how they send the lads home from Weymouth whether I will have to wait my turn by enlistment or whether I will be sent home as an invalid (some invalid) if I have to wait my turn it will be a good while before I get on a boat but, if I go as an invalid it would not be so very long.

Well I will close now hoping you are all quite well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom.