Weymouth, April 9th, 1919


My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I an leaving Weymouth to-night to go on board the "Medic" & will be sailing for Australia to-morrow or next day. I do not know what port we are leaving from or what route we are going, at anyrate I expect I will be home early in June. I am lucky getting away so soon, if I had not gone into hospital & stayed with the Batt I would have been this side another 3 months at least.

HMAT Medic

I expect the Military will notify you of my embarkation. I got two letters from Henry Tralaggan over a month old he put the wrong number on them, he wanted five Pounds which I could easily have given him, but, I expect he has gone home before this.

Well I will close now hoping you are all well Ac expecting to see you all soon.

I remain Your Loving Son .& Brother

10/4/19 On the train for Devenport (Plymouth) & will be on board to-night, most likely we will go via Panama.