France; October 21st, 1918

France October 21st 1913
My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well.

Since, last writing to you I have received 8 letters one from Mum (July 18th) one from Hilda Taylor one from Hilda Pohlner one from- Siss (July 17th) one from Kath (July 18th) two from Annie (July 21st & August 21st) & an immensely good letter from-John (July 31st), in it he refers to old "needle" whom I do not recognise, but, assume it was someone who was working for you, as the boys do not generally "hit" it with anyone working home. I am sorry the wheel of his bike went "bung". I suppose he is not able to go & see the girl now.

(A bit of advice for Ann) Keep, wide of the "boys" particularly returned soldiers. I guess there will be some "fussing" in certain families who have been blessed with the arrival of sons & daughters.



I was very pleased to hear Georgie Siegert has been reported prisoner of war, I did not think there was much hope for him, his mother will be so pleased.

Annie O'Connor must have had some wedding by the account Kath sent me. I sent home a batch of Xmas cards the other day, hope they get home alright. It has been very, wet here lately. I went to a French picture show the other night, much fun trying to read the writing on the screen. We are having anther special drill competition shortly & are practising for it now. We have not been doing much parade since we came back here & this spot would do me for the "duration" but some of the lads reckon it is too quiet, they want to be near some big town where they can have plenty of fun, but I don't worry after that sort of fun.

Well, I will close now.

Wishing you all a Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom