Dartford Hospital; February 19th, 1919

No. 3 Aust Aux Hospital
Dartford

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am still "swinging the lead" at Dartford, I am getting along quite well. Since last writing to you I have received 7 letters one from Mum (Nov 26th) one from Kath (Dec 26th) 3 from Annie (Nov 22nd, Dec 4th, Dec 13th) one from Hilda Pohlner & one from Mary Duggan.

I was very shocked to hear Uncle Dan had died & I am very sorry for Aunty Ada & the little boys, but, I hope they get on alright. I do not know how Aunty will be able to keep the place going till Allan grows up.

Things are pretty quiet here & the strikes are mostly over now but there is a threat of a big coal strike also one of all transport workers for a 44 hour week, so I do not know if there will be any more trouble.



Well I will close now hoping you are all quite well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom