France; September 4, 1917

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well.

I received a letter from Sis (June 19th) & one from Nell Simmons & Pat (June 26th). Sis said she wrote me a letter but thought she put the wrong number on it. I have not got it yet but it may have been sunk.

Things are very quiet here at present we are having lovely weather. Our concert party are giving us some concerts here now. I went last night & enjoyed it first rate.




Harry Tralaggan put his shoulder out again, it is very weak & I tell him he had better get boarded & go home. Mick got a letter from Augie Pohlner. He was getting along fairly well but there is some probability of his going home. Wallie Arnolds heard from Frank Richards. He expects to come to France any time now, but he may not come to our Battalion now as some of our reinforcements are going to other Battalions now. Nell Simmons tells me that Charlie Dare gave his young lady a bonza engagement ring. I suppose they will soon be married.

By the way its quite time Len "Almond" got busy & made a bit of a move of some sort.

Well I must close now as it is time for letters to go in. Hoping you are quite well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom