Hurdcott; February 25 1917

My Dear People,

Just a line to let you know I am quite well & still here. We have not had an Australian mail for about 3 weeks. The last one is a good while overdue. I suppose it is shut up somewhere dodging
submarines,  which are pretty plentiful just now. So I have not heard anything of how you are getting on since Dec. 20th.

I went to Church this morning, our Priest's name is Capt. Chaplin Kennedy. He was awarded the D.S.O. for great gallantry, in bringing back wounded in an action in France. I saw an account of it in an Australian paper. He is a splendid preacher & knows men to an ounce.



This afternoon I went for a walk to a little village called Broad-chalke. We went through the Church there. Every little village here has a Church, mostly very old & some of them must have cost a lot of money. Some of the better ones would be classed as Cathedrals in Australia. The one we saw today was so old that I suppose one time it was a Catholic Church, but now it is C. of E. It was repaired & altered a bit in 1846, & is now in fairly good order. They have got a lovely pipe organ. One of the soldiers played it and it had a wonderfully strong tone. 



The weather is rather nice here now, it rains a fair bit, but generally at night. If it rains in the day time we are not kept out in it, but carry on with lectures in the huts, so it doesn't affect us much. 

Tell Nell her Frankie is quite alright here. I will close now, hoping you are all well. 

I remain Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom