Hurdcott; February 3, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am getting on alright.

Things are very dull here and I am just about stuck for news.

I struck Roy McBride here the other day, he has been wounded too but is pretty alright now.

My classification is B1A1 now and unless I dodge it I get a bit of marching and Physical Jerks. I expect I will be going on Furlough next Thursday.

I got my Phiz taken yesterday and will send you one when I get them.

I am enclosing a P.C. of the Rising Sun on the hill here. We had a little rain yesterday but it is fine to-day and not too cold at all. I hope the weather is good when I am on Furlough. We have church here and I have just come back. The priest is not as good as a preacher as the one that was here last year.

I strolled into Wilton yesterday - it is pretty quiet there. We had some pretty good concert parties here last week.

Well must close now. Hoping you are all quite well as I am

Your Loving Son and Brother,

Tom.