France; May 25th, 1918

My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know that I am quite well. I am writing this in a dug-out but, we have been having a fairly good time. The weather has been lovely and warm with bright moonlight nights but it rained a little today.

I received the Burra Record last week and I expect there will be another Australian mail in shortly.

(June 3rd)

I am still quite well. At present, we are out spelling & I don't suppose we will have much to do while we are here. We are in a nice place & should have a pretty good time.

Frank Richards is back with us again. he had three months spell and looks splendid. Wally Arnolds shot a Fritz in the leg the last time we were in the line. They took him prisoner & carried him back to the dressing station.

I received 4 letters a day or so ago - 2 from Annie (17th and 26th March) one from Nell and Mum (25th March). I was very glad to hear from you and to know you were doing alright.

I was surprised to hear C. Thomas had married Miss Nutt and tell Aurthur Rush from me that I think it is time that he gave up being the best man at weddings and tried being the Bride-Groom for a change.

I see by the Record that the fire must have been a serious one and could have not been too far from Uncle Dave's place last January. I did not know Gebhardts had sold so much of their country.

Well I will close now hoping you are all quite well.

I remain,

Your Loving Son and Brother,

Tom