France; December 17th, 1918


My Dear People,

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well. We have been in this place about 10 days & expect to be moving into Belgium in a few days. The weather has been very wet, but it is not cold. I went over & saw some of the Mt. B. boys yesterday, the were 5-miles away & are moving on to-day. I saw Mat, Bert, Frank & Aleck Burton, it is the first time I have seen Bert since I was hit. They are all quite well & hope to be home soon. Noel Tiver has been to Paris on leave & is not back yet, they kept him for some work down at the Base. Ernest Ray is in the 27th I did not see him but I believe he is as hard a case as ever. I got a letter from Mick last night, he was sailing for Aussie in a few days, so I suppose he will be home by the time you get this.

Well I will close now, hoping you are all well.

I remain

Your Loving Son & Brother

Tom.